Wednesday, January 23, 2008

With All My Heart - Darlene Zschech


Last year while I was preparing for our Worship & Creative Arts retreat, I stumbled across this beautiful song written by Babbie Mason, called "With All My Heart".

There were so many topics we were covering and teaching on during the retreat, and yet this song seemed to beautifully culminate the heart of all I was desperate to communicate.

WITH ALL MY HEART
Babbie Mason
©1990 Word Music, Inc./ASCAP

In this quiet place with you I bow before your throne
I bare the deepest part of me to you and you alone
I keep no secrets for there is no thought you have not known
I bring my best and all the rest to you and lay them down
With all my heart I want to love you Lord
And live my life each day to know you more
All that is in me
Is yours completely
I will serve you only
With all my heart


You faithfully supply my needs according to your plan
So help me Lord to seek your face before I seek your hand
And trust you know what's best for me when I don't understand
Then follow in obedience in every circumstance

As I write for this edition of "Life", my heart is stirred once again to share the power of this simple truth with you. THAT ALL WE DO FOR HIM AND GAIN BECAUSE OF HIM IS ALL QUITE FUTILE UNLESS WE ARE DEEPLY PLANTED IN HIM.

Acts 17:28 says "For IN HIM, we live and move and have our being." So how do we keep our hearts on course? truly loving and seeking him above all else? Jeremiah 17:9 warns us that the heart is deceitful above all things but earlier, in verse 7 the scripture assures us that "blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is IN HIM!"

We need to learn how to trust in the Lord with all of our heart, lean not on our own understanding, acknowledge the Lord and He will direct our paths.

To open your heart and express genuine love and devotion to the Lord is easier for some than others. It could be due to past hurts, regrets, disappointments or simply fear of being let down, that doesn't allow your heart to be completely transparent. But be encouraged today and reminded of possibly one of the most powerful stories of a worshipper and lover of Jesus as told in Luke 7:36. The "sinful" woman, as the bible calls her, stood weeping before the Lord , unashamed before those who would criticise and accuse her. She risked a life of further abuse and judgement because her HEART had been transformed by the only one who could ever be described as the "lover of her soul". Despite her past and her doubts, she allowed her heart to direct her steps as she poured the rich contents of an alabaster jar on the feet of Jesus and wiped his feet with her tears and dried his feet with her hair. She adored her Lord with all of her heart, despite her circumstance or background, with the greatest offering she had to give... a true worshipper.

The song above, "With All My Heart", could have easily been the theme song of this woman's worship offering to her King. Psalm 112:7-8 says "He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is secure, he will have no fear..."

Matt 22:37&38 Jesus says it like no other as He lays the foundation of LIFE out before us ... "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment."
Just remember, the song of the heart is the song that will resound in heaven.

I love you dearly and count it an honour to serve our King with you.

No comments: