Monday, December 31, 2007

A Heart After God - Darlene Zschech


But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." (1 Corinthians 2:9)

This scripture kept flooding my thoughts as Mark and I sat and watched the world celebrate the birth of the new millennium. We were so overwhelmed and honoured at the privilege of being born "for such a time as this".

Many thoughts and goals started to rise as we dared to speak life into visions and dreams for the future. Knowing that although we can dream big dreams and see such victory and breakthrough around the corner for so many, that HIS WAYS and HIS THOUGHTS are so much greater than ours.

So how does this relate to us as worshipers, true lovers of Jesus at this critical time in the history of our planet? The principles of God are the same. Here's some gold to remember ..

Diligently seek the Lord and love Him with all your heart

"My soul longs, yes, even faints for the courts of the Lord; My heart and my flesh cry out 4 the living God" (Ps. 84:2).

Is that how your heart beats for Him? Be radical in your pursuit of Christ, your worship to Him will bless His heart as He hears you crying out for more of Him!

Joyful, prayerful & thankful

God's Word is so clear ... "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

When reading through the lives of bible heroes such as Abraham, Joseph and Moses, they were continually fellowshipping with God and worshipping Him. They were not perfect men, but just so THANKFUL to be in relationship with God that worship flowed as a natural response to the Lord.

Live a life of love

I'm often trying to grasp the description of love in Ephesians 3, "a love that surpasses knowledge". Many songs I've written trying to express my love for Him don't even come close to what I'm trying to say. But I realise more and more that I can show the Lord how much I love Him by loving others. Living out my part of the great commission and bringing the author of love Himself to our "love-starved" planet. To love like He loves ...

Be sincere

Sincerity, integrity, honesty, truth ... you've heard it before. Psalm 86:11 says, "Give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name." Make this your prayer as you serve God passionately with your life, that your heart would be true and pleasing to Him. It opens heaven on your world ...

Be filled to overflowing in your zeal for God as you continue to build your relationship through His word, and worship Him with a heart that longs just to be with Him.

"This treasure that I hold
More than finest gold
It is You Jesus, it is You
With all my heart
With all my soul
I live to worship You"

No comments: