Monday, December 24, 2007

Goals With Eternal Value

Take a minute more now and let’s talk about some goals with eternal value. A goal that will stand the test of time and eternity. John 4:23 is a familiar scripture when discussing the topic of worship. Jesus is speaking to the woman at the well and telling her that the Father is seeking those that will worship in spirit and truth. True worshipers. Right here I believe that God shares with us as worship leaders and team members the only goal that is important to the Father in the area of worship.

Let’s look at what the scripture says: John 4:23 (amplified)
"A time will come, however, indeed is already here, when the true (genuine) worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth (reality); for the Father is seeking just such people as these as His worshipers. 24: God is a Spirit (a spiritual Being and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth (reality)."

Our goal is to become true worshipers and reproduce true worshipers. All of the other things we mentioned, the physical and technical aspects are also something that we should give attention to I believe because they will produce excellence. I believe that people are drawn to excellence and enjoy being a part of something that has quality.

However, we should not look at people as a tool to fulfill those areas we mentioned before. Instead use those areas of sound and skill and ability to give us opportunity to develop worshipers.

Focus on finishing the people through the work, not finishing the work through the people. A true worshipper is to be able to say "Blessed be the name of the Lord, the Lord is God. He is my fortress, my shield; in Him will I trust. He will not fail me or leave me. Regardless of what I see around me, in Him I will trust".


Article Source: http://www.higherpraise.com/worship/worship_goalswitheternalvalue.htm

No comments: